A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Monday 4 September 2017

Black Rose Weekend - The event


It was an absolutely pleasure to participate once again to the Black Rose Ball in York!

This year the Black Rose events spanned over several days, with a spellbinding concert in an historical building, an evening of gala at the masquerade ball, the bazaar during day time, and even a post-ball concert at a local music venue (not officially linked but still...). The event as a whole was a mesmerizing feast for the eyes and something to keep anyone entertained for the whole weekend. Judging from the range of people that attended, it is clear that the Black Rose has now become really well established in the local community with also a number of people travelling from quite far to participate.

Trading at the Black Rose Bazaar was simply amazing: not only I could sell prints and do aura painting, but it was a great opportunity to talk about my art with so many people. I really enjoyed the whole experience as a whole and it was a lot of fun!

My stall at the bazaar:


A selection of aura painting sketch portraits
done on the day:



Furthermore, the Bazaar plan positioned my stall exactly next to the tarot cards reader and medium Ray Bokor, so we two had our own little esoteric corner!! Ray is a very friendly chap, so in return for the chat and the company during the day, I did his aura portrait.



As in previous years, one of my hand-embellished prints was donated for the Ball tombola, since profits for that go to charity. I took a photo of the lucky winner (which was - by chance?? - one of the members of the committee!)


I would like to take this opportunity to express
my sincere gratitude to the Black Rose
for allowing me to be part of their wonderful event.