A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Wednesday 16 February 2011

Korea


Korean Rain


Music Car - Coleslaw's 친구

KHR (돈)


J

This series was inspired by people that I met in Korea. Many adventures and stories to tell in pictures.

Rain: This painting was done as a gift for
김수룡 (Kim Soo Ryong), one of SBS's dramas directors who kindly allowed me to visit his drama set during the filming of 초혼 (First Marriage). My first encounter with him took place on the eve of 추석 (Chuseok) 2010, on a very very raining day, hence the inspiration for the painting.

Music Car - Coleslaw's 친구: A very peculiar man (my friend keeps calling him 'psycho' and he doesn't seem to mind it at all) who loves to sing-a-long very loud music whilst driving.

KHR (
): Without a doubt one of my best and the first friend I ever had in Seoul. To say thanks for always taking great care of me, one day I asked 혜림 if she wanted a painting and most important, of what subject. The answer I got was '' (money) so I decided to paint for her my very own banknote which was also inspired by my friend's aura colours and energy.

J: Perhaps one of the guys with the most complex personality, big ego, and most important peculiar aura I ever met in my life. Still, what an interesting period was that one (P.S. J, I still want my original painting back btw, you promise you would do so...!!!)