A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Gods Series

God: Zeus



Gods: Helios





Gods: Artemis





God: Hades





God: Dionysius





God: Aphrodite





Available to buy: Signed Limited Edition Hand Embellished Giclée Print (250) 12" x 10" (30cm x 25cm). Original: Acrylics on fabric.

This series was inspired by Greek Mythology, one of my first loves and the reason why I decided to become an archaeologist. I always thought of the Gods as immortal trees hence the idea of paint them as such. The decision to use gold and silver for the goddess was my attempt to add a touch of beauty to the female trees, in particular to Aphrodite whose tree should represent the goddess of beauty (I tried to portrait her by adding a peacock effect to the foliage)