A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Spheres Series (Truth & Lies) and the Contemporary Gothic Exhibition

It is always a humble pleasure to meet inspiring gallery owners that like my work and are happy to give me the opportunity to exhibit at their space. As one of the four participating artists to The Art Cafe's forthcoming art exhibition 'Contemporary Gothic' in Whitby organized by Caroline Dudley during the Bram Stoker Film Festival and the Goth Weekend (October 2015), I was inspired to create a brand new series to exhibit alongside existing pieces.

Since the theme  of the exhibition is that of Gothic and dark atmospheres, I tried to capture on canvas my very own representation of the journey towards enlightenment, used here as the main inspiration for the work. The spheres represent the energy of dreams, guarded by the mighty dragon that can be awake or asleep, whilst the tree (which is still part of, thus interlinked to, the guardian dragon) represents the outside world. At times, a traveller blinded by the most wonderful dream might fail to realise that the tree behind is not as splendid as the one where the dream is not as sparkly and the dragon appears to be dormant. I truly hope that these pieces will convey to travellers in their soul searching journey the comforting thought that ultimately it is the truth that will set us all free.

The Spheres Series (Lies)



The Spheres Series (Truth)


The pieces are extra sparkling and glossy but unfortunately the effect has to be seen in person and does not come across in photos. The exhibition in Whitby will be on from 5 October 2015 until 8 November 2015. After working so hard in preparing old and new pieces for this little exhibition, the allocated corner for my work looks rather nice!! if you are going to pass by Whitby, I am looking forward to see you all at the Art Cafe!



My little corner at the exhibition: