A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Tuesday 16 September 2014

Painting Emotions and Spiritual Energy Workshop in Seoul


Long overdue blog updates on the workshop I taught back in August 2014 at Jankura Art Space, Seoul.
It is always a pleasure to teach at Jankura and every time I go back to Seoul I am always looking forward to this opportunity. My previous Aura-focused workshop at Jankura back in April was well attended and positively received, so this time I wanted to do something similar yet different. As a result, I thought to explore further the theme of  'Perception of emotions' more than focusing on reading spiritual energy.



Because of this much broader approach, all of the attendees appeared to be even more engaged this time, (even though the workshop was taught in English and not everyone was fluent in it), mostly because everyone felt somehow familiar with the topic of feeling and expressing emotions. Through bespoke tutor-led exercises, during the workshop all the students were able to enhance their perception of emotions and use these to produce something artistic. 

The workshop concluded with students describing their paintings to the rest of the class, in an art critic-esque way, and why the emotions were painted as such. With my surprise even those less artistically gifted were able to create remarkable artworks and in the end left the workshop rather satisfied with their little masterpieces!!




Once again I would like to express my thanks to Mike Stewart, owner of Jankura, for inviting me at his art academy and, most important, for giving me this wonderful opportunity. 

~ See you all again soon! ~