A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Sunday 14 September 2014

New and last painting of the Midian series: MIDIAN (정아)


Finally the last painting part of the series dedicated to the Korean band Midian  is now completed!!! The latest portrait belong to the only female member in the band, second guitar, 신정아. In a still primarily male-dominated environment such as the Heavy Metal scene (this particularly in Korea where, from my experience, women into Heavy Metal and Rock seem to be almost as rare as diamonds...) being the only female member of a band means working much harder then the rest and always having to prove yourself.

신정아's energy is definitely a really strong and somehow a dark one yet it retains the sensitivity and kindness of femininity. Inspiration for the piece comes from a field of wild flowers basking in the moonlight. The picture in my mind was actually that of dark red or purple flowers but as I know nothing about flowers it was really difficult to find a suitable image in internet. I hope the one I found still gives the same feeling, as it is really similar to the vision I had in my mind before starting to paint. This piece is actually extra sparkling and the purple is really vivid: I did try to represent on canvas the effect of the moonlight reflecting on the delicate flower petals.



Midian (정아)
Wild flowers basking in the moonlight