A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Sunday 17 August 2014

New Aura Series - MIDIAN (SIN)

It is always a pleasure to spend time in South Korea, a country with, without a doubt, I have been fallen madly in love. What made my last sojourn there even more enjoyable than usual was the fact that this time round not only I finally got to be fully introduced to the local Heavy Metal scene but I also became acquainted with several local bands.

One of these in particular, MIDIAN, caught my attention in full and bewitched me completely: in addition to the fact that their style of music and live performance match exactly my personal taste, the kindness demonstrated by the band members throughout my staying in Seoul was almost overwhelming: I got invited to see their rehearsals, album recording & mixing, and they made me feel welcome like I was a newly arrived band member.


As the band as a whole seemed to like my style of painting and appeared to be quite intrigued by the concept of aura painting, I left Korea with plans for future working collaborations such as a joint concert and art exhibition, promoter work and a full-house of aura painting commissions!

It is a total pleasure and humble honour to have the opportunity to repay such kindness with my art.
So here it comes the first of the paintings in the series, that of MIDIAN's vocalist, SIN.

His image and presence on (and off) stage is really remarkable, so I tried to capture his energy on canvas at my best. The feeling that I had was that of an impenetrable curtain made of a wall of thorns sparkling in the moonlight.


MIDIAN (SIN)
The wall of thorns