A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Wednesday 23 April 2014

Aura Painting Workshop in Seoul - The event!

On Saturday 12 April 2014 at Jankura Artspace 잔쿠라 아트스페이스 in Seoul I had the pleasure to teach a workshop on Aura Painting to a full house of art students with an interest in the esoteric.


 In truth I could not have asked for more!!! As usual the support and encouragement offered by Mike Stewart, Jankura's owner and director, was amazing and I have to say, after several weeks in Korea, I did really appreciate his idea of having a style pre-workshop 'lunch meeting' at one of the British pubs down the road from Jankura! (wow, what can you find in Seoul, hum? Excellent Fish and Chips like in England!)

After setting up the room with candles and all what necessary to create the right atmosphere, the workshop started off with a presentation on 'Aura and Energy' and how to use these as a source of creative inspiration for painting. But it was when the actually painting started that the workshop really took off. Only at the very end we discussed results and the meaning of the colours so none of the participant felt restricted by the fear of using the wrong colour during the painting session and were able to express themselves freely and painted what they felt more appropriate.



During the two hours students produced a lot of art: first a portrait of their own inner energy and subsequently a portrait of the energy of another person in the same room. I have uploaded here a selection of some of the work produced during the day.






Many students decided to paint my very own aura!  It was very interesting for me to see myself through their eyes and artistic skills. I was truly touched and mesmerized by their effort. Here following are a couple of examples.





Overall, what an amazing day!!! I am looking forward to return to Seoul and hopefully teach another workshop on the same theme.

~ SEOUL wait for me, I will be back!!! ~